In 1879, approximately one acre of land called "Zion's Fair Chapel" was deeded to the Methodists from Mrs. Harriet Statesman. According to the deed, the property was located “By the north side of the Public Road leading from Beanville to the Great Mills.” Judging by its designation on the deed, the property was in use by the Methodist denomination prior to 1879, possibly for a church or for open air classes and services. In approximately 1880, a small lay church was built. In the early 1890s the church was destroyed by fire. It is believed that the congregation then purchased the old Mount Pisgah Methodist Church building at Park Hall, dismantled it and rebuilt it on the Zion Fair property.
During a camp meeting held at Zion Fair in August of 1921, the cornerstone for the third Zion Fair Church was laid. The 1921 building is now utilized by another religious denomination Hermanville Road. Oden and Maggie Dyson gave the trustees of Zion Fair two acres of land on Route 235 in 1926. The present church, its named shortened to “Zion,” was built on that property. A social hall was added around 1964. The original Zion Fair land is maintained as a cemetery. Zion United Methodist Church celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1980—a century of progress which saw the church grow from the small lay chapel of 1880 to one of the largest African-American Methodist churches in the county, with a dedicated congregation, active in church and church outreach programs.